Adult Flu Clinics – APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW!
UPDATE: 13th September 2023 – WE ARE NOW FULL FOR THE AT RISK UNDER 65 FLU VACCINE. Any stocks remaining after the clinic on the 7th October due to non attenders, will be available to book from Tuesday 10th October 2023 for the clinic on the 21st October. We still have stocks available for those aged 65 and over.
This year’s flu clinics will be held on Saturday 7th October and Saturday 21st October for over 65’s and the at risk groups under 65.
We will be operating the same format as last year and they will be held at the Health Centre. You will be asked to wait outside the Health Centre until called through, you are encouraged to wear a facemask whilst in the building and there will be no parking or toilet facilities available at the surgery.
If you are entitled to a FREE NHS Flu Vaccine, please ensure you book your place by calling us on 01598 753226 (Please avoid calling on Mondays).
PLEASE NOTE for those patients who are between 50 and 65 and not in the at risk category, you are no longer entitled to a FREE NHS Vaccine. If you would like to have one you will need to contact a pharmacy to have this done privately.
You are eligible to receive a FREE Flu Jab if you:
- Are 65 years of age or over.
- Are pregnant.
- Have certain medical conditions (see below)
- Are very overweight.
- Are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility.
- Receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact, or a social care worker
Medical Conditions covered;
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or bronchitis.
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or Motor Neurone disease
- Problems with your spleen – eg. sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
We DO NOT send out invitations for the Adult Flu Vaccinations so please ensure you contact us to book. Please avoid calling on Mondays.
NB. Children aged 2-4 years of age will be invited to have their nasal flu vaccine in a dedicated clinic.