Attached to Lynton Health Centre is our nurse led minor injuries service.
Contact telephone number: 01598 752520 (Weekends District Nurse Only)
Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm Triaged by a GP and this is not a walk-in service.
Currently no weekend or Bank Holiday service.
The nursing team can see, treat and discharge the following conditions in patients over the age of 2:
- Sprains & strains to foot, ankle, wrist, knee, mild neck/shoulder pain following acute injury
- Bites & Stings
- Minor allergic reactions
- Minor head injuries
- Minor thermal burns
- simple cuts & grazes or splinters
- foreign bodies in eye/ear/nose
- Boils/carbuncles/skin infections
- Bladder infection (not male)
Problems that we would not be able to deal with include:
- Dental problems/dental pain/infection
- Holiday makers requiring ear syringing or who have forgotten medication
- chronic problems such as back/joint pain that has existed longer than a few days and not associated with recent injury.
Non-urgent advice: Notice
Serious problems such as severe asthma, chest pain, fractures (we have no xray facility), road traffic incidents, serious traumatic wounds or multiple injuries, should be seen in A&E or call 999.